Friday, February 16, 2007

Equal or Fair?

How does the activity we did at school this afternoon relate to our world today? Do you think that it is possible for a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle to be provided for all the world’s people? If it does not seem possible, what are some of the potential consequences of continued and increasing inequity between individuals and nations?

28 comments:

Megan said...

What realy fustrated me today was there was cake and the teachers made us think that it was going to be seperated unfairly...but fortunatly we would have gotten the most because we were Asia. I thought that that would have been unfair for Africa though...That is my thoughts on Equally and unequalness!

-Megan

Ashlynn said...

I think the activities that we did today were kinda like the world today. The activities that we did today like, cutting the portions of cake into the world and idifey people my there back which had a paper on there back. But I think it was good activites for us to see how the world is today!

bye,
Ashlylnn

Steph K said...

The activty we did at school realtes to our world activity today by actually knowing about somebody and there personal life and how to treat somebody who has less than you.

I think that it is possible for a comforatble and fulfilling lifestyle to be provided for all the world's people because i think it is fair that everybody has an equal amount of things in the world.

:) steph

Molly R said...

The activity we did today relates to the world today because the food is all been going to the places that dont need it the most. I don't think that all the nations can be confortable, because some nations like the U.S. don't need all the food that we get. We just waste it, unless we eat it. I think we should distribute all of the food evenly dso that we all have an even amount. Some of the conequences are that theres lack of food, lack of water, and lack of other needs.
BYE,
MOLLY

Aksha said...

Dear Mr. watson,

The activity was relating to the world because the countries are not the same and they don't get equal parts all the time.

Claudia said...

Hey peoples,


Ok the activity that we did this morning relates to the real life because people judge others for how they look or what they have done or are doing. Life for the world could be more comfortable if we were to divide our food and water for all the countries. The people in Africa don’t get enough food and are being starved to death, and the people in the United States are getting to much food. The word could be a lot more caring.


Claudia

Claudia said...

Hey peoples,


Ok the activity that we did this morning relates to the real life because people judge others for how they look or what they have done or are doing. Life for the world could be more comfortable if we were to divide our food and water for all the countries. The people in Africa don’t get enough food and are being starved to death, and the people in the United States are getting to much food. The word could be a lot more caring.


Claudia

Anonymous said...

I think that this is the hard truth that food can't be devided equaly among the world. I mean like amagen siting down to the dinner table and having nothing to eat.

MAX ROCKS said...

It relates to our world like africa has little resources and the group of people that were africa got little cake. Unlike china they have a ton of resources and the got a ton of cake. Yes, but it would take a lot of people, a lot of money, and tons and tons of food.

**!!caroline!!** said...

I don't think that it is very possible to fulfill peoples needs around the world. I think this because the world is a very big place and there are alot of people around the world that we would have to care for.

Sam Boy said...

I think that the world can do better than what it is doing know. I hope that the world will do better than just haveing a couple of orginizations.

Sam

...J... said...

It relates because we were talking about cake and country and dividing our cake into our countrys and we couldnt divide the cake evenly betwqeen eachother just like our world today.

I do not think that mit is possible because of the fact that for E.G. Africa and America.

Spencer said...

I think that it was unfair to whoever was africa because they got barely any cake.

Leigh said...

In our world, some people really aren't getting as much food as people in other nations. It probably is possible to provide a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle for everyone. In America and Europe, we always get more than we need. If we took just what we need and not what we want, people in poorer countries could have a lot more than they do now. The possible consequences are that some nations and races will die out. Without enough food or other resources, they would not be able to survive.

Max M. said...

Hey everyone,

It relates to the world today because it shows that people all around the world don't get as much food then us. It might be possible, but it would take a long time to do this.

By,
Max Muller

Sasha said...

I believe equality in living can be acomplished all throughout the world, but not at the moment. Their is to much racism, such as the genocide in Africa. To get everyone to live in the same conditions there can't be indifference or disagreement.

The activity we did in class today symbolized the fact that in different places in the world their can be more resources than enough for each person, or not enough for each person. We are fortunate in the U.S. because we have a surplus of resources to share among our people.

kevin said...

Well... this was horrible for me. I was in Africa. There were two whole things of cake , and we got like 1/12 of it. Europe had like half of the whole cake but it ended up being fair.

From... K-MAN(KEvin)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

This relates to the world today because we Americans don't always treat the other countries fair, and sometimes we take our resources for granted and those poor people all around the world don't have anythkng to drink or eat so they die, it must be frustrating to know that other people have so much more than you and your in Africa struggling to live and your walking with nothing while we are living like prodigies, i don't think that this is fair because we sometimes only think about ourselves and the people in need and it is not fair that there are poor people out there who need help if we are living so wealthily, P.S. Joshk

Anonymous said...

Doing the cake thing made me relize how much Africa had comparing to Asia. When Africa ha like 1/3 food for their population. When Europe and North America had like twice as much food as there population.

Matt

Chris said...

I dont think that it is possable but not likely because some people are just unfair people today are afraid that they wont get wat they need to live so they hog it and nobody elts can get food or get natural recorces.

JORDYN said...

Yes the actividad we did today does relate to the world today. ya it might be possible.

cody said...

the activity that we did today in class related to the world by the cake that we had and the teachers made us think we had to do stuff unfairly.Are table "North America" had a lot of cake because we depended on population. I really felt bad for the people in Africa because they didn't have enough for at least one person in their group. So at the end after we were done talking about the counteries we came up with everyone should have the same amout even though we were in different countries.

Tyler H said...

I think it will be extremely hard, and close to impossable for all countries have comfortable and furfilling lifestyle. I think this, because some bigger countries like to be in control of smaller, or big, poor countries like Africa. The potential concequences between the rich and poor,small/big coutries is the poor/small countries could come together with all the natural resources they have. Then they can revolt, make nuclear weapons, and do other horrable stuff. Also something that poor poeple could do is, sneek across the border to a larger, wealthy country, like Mexicans are doing. I thought this cake activity was very meaning full, and it kind of made me think what Africa is like, because I was on the African half.

anderson said...

I thought that the activities that we did today reflected what was actually happening in our world today. I think that seeing the amounts of food that the different continents were getting was interesting. I was shocked about how much less Africa got then everyone else. Those are my thoughts!!!

Mary Kate said...

I think that the activities that we did today helped us understand about things that go on in our world today (the thing with the names on the back of our shirts helped us see what other people feel. and the cake thing helped me see how different countries have a certain amount of resources or make a certain income or whatever.) I do think that everyone could have a comfortable and fullfilling lifestyle, because different people had different expectations for a comfortable lifestyle. Some people, like us, have such great expectations, and we take thing for granted, and people in like Africa have sooo little and most people don't even know about it. (like that video we saw in english about the boys who came over to America from africa) If we had a little less, than poorer people could have a little more.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was frustrating with the cake activity because it was hard to figure out which way would be fair. It would have be unfair if we cut the cake by population because Asia would have more than half and North America and Canada would have gotten a little piece.

Delaney said...

The activity we did related to the world today because it made us realize how much people are stereotyped and how mnay people Asia as and what a poor enviorment their country has. I think if everyone does their best to keep what they have comfortable and fufilling that it would be easier to fufill such a good lifestyle.

sarahla said...

I thought it wasn't fair that the people in the small countries didn't get as much cake as places like Asia because they couldn't produce as much. If the world is like that today, places like Asia should donate things, or do something for the people in the smaller countries. It would be fair if the cake is devided into peices baced on population. That way people have just enough.