Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday

This morning, Mr. Watson told us that this weekend he cut his thumb really badly, cleaning his fish tank. Then, we went over our vocab homework. The answers were salvo, prior, perjury, flagrant, domestic, nurtured, detest, vigilant, presume, wrath, flaw, amiss, fledgling, momentum, brawl, flustered, notable, proficient, foremost, and paradox. Numbers 1-20 were wrath, momentum, vigilant, fluster, domestic, brawl, perjury, notable, proficient, fledgling, presume, nurture, paradox, amiss, salvo, and the antonyms were detest, prior, flaw, flagrant, and foremost. Then he told us to check are grades to make sure we had our book reviews and no zeros. Don’t forget guys that we have our Job and Journal Response on the rest of Wanderer, and 89+90 in vocab!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Journal Response
We finally found out what happened to Sophie’s parents!!! I think that it was nice for them to see Bompie. I also think that it was funny when he was mixing everyone up. I am happy that Bompie is ok. I felt bad for Sophie when she was crying about her parents. I think that it was very sad that Sophie was telling that in Bompie’s stories that he struggled in the water. I felt really bad for her. I think that it was funny that everyone was juggling; especially Uncle Mo because in the beginning he was saying that juggling is stupid. I can’t believe that Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo were fighting again about something even when they were with Bompie. I felt really bad for Bompie when Rosalie she just left him because she had plans. I thought that it was funny when everyone was telling him to go get her back or follow her. I understand that she said it was too early, but I still felt bad for Dock. I think that it was very nice of Dock to stay with Bompie in England because he needed someone to take care of him. It is a good thing that they flew back because if they sailed back I don’t think that this book would’ve ever ended! I think that it was nice and funny that Sophie’s parents checked in on her every night to see if she was ok. They must really care for her; I don’t think that she will ever be leaving them. I loved this book and thought that it was AWESOME!!
Job/ summarizer
In these chapters we find out what happed to Sophie’s parents. We also see Bompie! Bompie gets everyone’s names mixed up because he is sick. Everyone gave him an apple pie and they laughed and cried. Rosalie came to Bompie’s and Dock and Rosalie went on a walk. Uncle Mo was juggling and so everyone started to. Uncle Dock came back from the walk without Rosalie. Everyone was asking what happed. Finally Dock said that she had plans. Cody asked her to marry him, and Dock said that he did. Rosalie said that it was too early. Moe and Stew were fighting on what they were going to do with Bompie. Dock said that he will stay with him in England. Then everyone went home on the plane and got home sound and safe. This was a great book!!

Anonymous said...

The Wanderer Chapters 70-END!
Journal Response:

I thought The Wanderer was very mind-numbing book in the beginning, but later on in the book it slowly became more exciting and mysterious about Sophie and her past.
In chapter 70, I thought it was very weird how they were eating casual McDonald’s across from this fancy, royal castle where the Queen lived. I couldn’t wait until they get to Bompie’s…
In chapter 71, I thought it was very unique that the village of Thorpe’s houses all had names instead of numbers. When they finally arrived at Bompie’s house, I thought he was dead when they found him lying in bed with his eyes closed…
In chapter 72, YAY!! He Bompie’s not dead!! :D I was very confused when Bompie didn’t recognize Uncle Dock, Mo, and Stew. Who was Peter? I couldn’t believe Bompie didn’t recognize his own sons and thought they were in some camp. And he’d mistaken Cody and Brian for Mo and Stew. I was even more surprised that Bompie recognized who Sophie was!! BOMPIE DOES KNOW SOPHIE!!
In chapter 73, It did feel like it was a while when I was reading about Sophie and everyone in The Wanderer. I didn’t really think Bompie remembered all those stories that he’d told Sophie. All he did said was like,” Yes, yes, that was me.” He didn’t even remember the parts when Sophie described the parts about the how the water was like and what not.    I got really sad when Sophie was telling her own story and thinking it was Bompie’s story!!    Later on, I finally figured out how Sophie knew all of those stories from Bompie. Bompie had been writing letters to Sophie. The obvious but everyone thought Sharon Creech would try something complicated… I guess Bompie really did tell her those stories, except for the struggling in the water what not.
In chapter 74, when Bompie breathes while he sleeps, he kind of reminds me of my grandfather. He takes a short, quick, and then another, and then there was a long pause before another (kind of scary…). Uncle Stew and Mo were talking about whether Bompie should stay or not. I was glad Bompie wanted to stay in the beautiful England where he was born. I was glad Uncle Mo enjoyed juggling. If I was Cody, I would feel proud. I completely forgot about Rosalie when the book mentioned when she finally came and took a walk with Uncle Dock.
In chapter 75, I can’t believe Rosalie’s gone again. She was going to Spain, and it’s supposedly plans that couldn’t be changed. Uncle Dock asked her to marry him but she said it was “too soon,” (sounds like a drama queen). It couldn’t be too soon if he’s been waiting his whole life. So now that he’s lost Rosalie, he’s going to stay in England taking care of Bompie.
In chapter 76, I didn’t find as amusing or anything because Uncle Mo just gave out drawings he had made. I was surprised that Cody drew a picture of Uncle Mo though.
In chapter 77, when they flew back home, I do the same as Cody and remember what you’ve done over your long journey. I was glad Uncle Mo enrolled in art classes. He gets to do what he wants to do. I’m glad Sophie, Cody an Brian are hoping to check out the Ohio River where a lot of the Bompie stories took place by making a blue raft, called The Blue Bopper Wanderer. I hope Sharon Creech makes another book about The Blue Bopper Wanderer.
In chapter 78, the last chapter, you always feel good to be home. I liked how the author brought back what they wrote about Sophie in the beginning in the book (chapter 2) about how she had three sides. She wasn’t in either dreamland, earthland, or muleland. IT WAS A GOOD BOOK!

Anonymous said...

JR
I enjoyed the end of The Wanderer. I liked how all of the houses had names. I think that Bompie had had a stroke. I was surprised that Bompie recognized Sophie first; I thought it was odd that he thought that Cody and Brian were their fathers. I was surprised at the notebook ; I thought that the solution to the mystery would be much more complex. I liked how they made Bompie a pie. At the end, I wonder what the cousins will do on The Blue Bopper Wanderer.

discusion director
Skinny questions

1. How did Sophie know Bompie's stories?
2. Who did Bompie first recognize when they came to his house?

Fat Questions
1. Why did Bompie write the letters to Sophie?
2. Why did Sophie modify all of Bompie's stories to include struggling in water?
-Max

Anonymous said...

sean said,

Journal Response
I really enjoyed these ending chapters. I don’t understand how Sophie felt like she was on a different planet when she woke up. I am curious to see what England looks like after reading how beautiful it is. I think the reason it seemed like they had been in England for a lifetime even though they were only there a week was because they had been so tired from the trip. I think its sad how Sophie makes up all of these stories because she has no family and she is treating Bompie as if he is part of her family. I really like the importance behind the apple pie, because they brought an apple pie to Bompie when he woke up. I can’t believe Rosalie left uncle mo at Bompie’s house. Even though this probably doesn’t make sense at the end of Bompie’s name has a “pie”. I think this story has a lot of mysteries behind it like the chapters with four faces and Rosalie or Bompie possibly being Sophie’s parents even though they are not. I really enjoyed this book and I hope to read another book by the author Sharon Creech.

Anonymous said...

Word wizard
1. Peering p. 276
2. Dinghy p. 283
3. Frail p. 287


Journal response
I thought these chapters were really good. I don’t get why the houses don’t have numbers but names. It’s really sad that Bompie is sick and that he has to have a nurse at his house. It was really, really sweet when Bompie was kind of exited to see Sophie and that he still remembered her. It’s nice that Sophie wanted to remind Bompie of all the things he did in the past. It’s weird though that Sophie said he was struggling even though he wasn’t. it’s really sad that Sophie got her stories mixed up with his and I feel bad for her because everyone was probably staring at her when he said that and she would feel awkward and sad. It’s confusing that everyone was laughing and crying when they said apple pie. I think it brought memories back. I would be sad if I was Sophie because I bet she really wanted to stay with Bompie over the summer. It’s really romantic that Rosalie went for a walk with Uncle Dock. I would be really mad if I were Uncle Dick because he went searching for her for a long time and her she was just leaving him and going to a different county. Also I would be sad because someone just said no to marry me. It’s good that uncle Dock is staying there with Bompie because I think he wants to stay in his hometown. It’s really sweet that uncle Mo drew a picture for everyone and it’s really nice. It’s good that all of them are home but it’s sad too. I love how at the end it say’s bye-bye Bompie. Bye-bye sea. I loved this book and can’t wait till we read the next one.

Anonymous said...

Journal response
At first it seemed like Bompie was going to die but then he started acting normal after he took a nap. I figured that he thought his kids were still young so he thought his grandchildren were his kids. I thought it was funny when they all started juggling, and Bompie was watching them. I forgot Rosalie was even coming until she finally showed up. I thought she and Uncle Dock were going to start dating but she had to leave for Italy. When he asked her to marry him I thought she was going to say yes. I felt kind of bad when he said she said, “it was too soon” but I remembered it’s just a book. It was really weird when they all started laughing about the pie, I didn’t understand why they were all laughing. I think it was impressive when Uncle Mo gave everyone a personal handmade drawing of themselves. I thought the end rather fizzled out and it was a disappointment to me I thought Sophie was going to tell everyone the story of her parents.
Passage master
1. Pg. 268 My head felt like it was being bombarded by a whole cloud of zinging fireworks
2. Pg. 275 When I woke up this morning I thought I had landed on some other planet and was in someone else’s body
3. Pg. 274 the air is warm and heavy with anticipation we are so close to Bompie
4. Pg. 282 out on the ocean, the wide blue, blue ocean.

Anonymous said...

JR
They past castles as they made their way to Bompie’s. I like the name of Bompie’s Cottage Walnut- Tree it is so cute, but way is it still called Walnut- tree if there is no walnut tree. Bompie’s cottage seems so small, but it is like big. Thank god Bompie is not dead I was so scared. This part was so sad he did not remember his children at all. I was so happy to hear that he remembered Sophie, but it was weird. He remembered all the story’s that Sophie told him. Sophie scared me for a sec, she was telling Bompie the story of her life not his and then Cody came in. Bompie remembered that it was Sophie’s story not his. Sophie gave Cody all the letters that Bompie had written her and it had all the Story’s. Cody really cares about Sophie a lot. It was so wired when Uncle Mo got an apple for the tree in the back and should it to Bompie they were laughing and crying and laughing and crying then everyone was too weird. It was all because Bompie said Apple Pie. I do not get why Uncle Dock loves Rosalie she left him on their walk, but I feel bad for him. It is so sweet that he asked Rosalie to marry him, but did she mean it was too soon I hope that it will get better. I was really sad when Uncle Mo passed out the drawings. It was so nice to know that Uncle Mo had a good and kind side. They got back home. Hey could not stop talking about the trip and everything that had happened. I want to like cry know, Cody was telling Sophie that it is ok to remember all the good times she had with her parents and with her other Bompie. Bye Bye Bompie and Bye Bye the Sea
P.S Ohh people i had illastrater and i could not put it on sorry, but it was like sooo cool!!!

Anonymous said...

The last few chapters kind of disappointed me. I thought that the author kind of just summed everything up and did not put enough detail in as the rest of the chapters. I feel that she could have done more to have described the chapters more fluently. But at least I know what happened at the end of the book.



My job was illastrator, I don't know how to put it here!


http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hetemeel.com/archive/haha%2520Im%2520creating%2520dynamic%2520IMAGES!!1!.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hetemeel.com/hahaform.php&h=431&w=600&sz=49&hl=en&start=1&sig2=LTLa2UK3h-Jmb5YhIY0rVQ&um=1&tbnid=QD5N4c97qHVr0M:&tbnh=97&tbnw=135&ei=DRBoR7PEFZ_OefS-3Us&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dha%2Bha%2Bi%2527m%2Busing%2Bthe%2Binternet!%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1T4GGLR_enUS231US231%26sa%3DN