Our poetry test is moved to Monday.
Here are the notes from class today. Thanks, Megan, Dana Grace, and April!
Q: “The Shark” on page 758 is an example of this type of poetry.
A: Lyric Poem- rhymes, single speaker, observations of single event
*Lyric Poetry doesn’t have to be a song…it could be.*
Q: This is the term given to writing or speech that is not to be taken literally.
A: Figurative Language
ex. Metaphor, simile, personification, etc.
*Rhyme*: repetition of sound at the end of words.
*Poetic Devices*-Rhyme, Sensory Language, Meter, Figurative Language
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

32 comments:
I think that all of these facts or information given is all good and that little parts of it we can study over.
Are all songs lyric poems?
Hillary-
All poems are lyric poems because they are the lyrics to the song. I hope everyone does well on their test!
~*unnati*~
Taylor,
I think that all songs are lyric poetry. They each have some kind of flow and most line ryme.
xox
taylor
Hillary- I don't think that all songs are lyric poems. Lyric poems ryme, and not all songs ryme. Sooo...I'm not sure, but that's what I think.
Hey,
I think that all songs are lyrical poems because songs are just poems but they have a beat to them.
XOXO
MOLLY
Hiya!!
:P
I don't think all songs are lyric poems, because some songs don't even have lyrics. Such as Mozart, or Bethoven.
-Chloe
Buenos Dias!! :0)
About Hillarys comment, I think that not all songs are lyric poems because some songs don't have lyrics and that means it isnt a lyric poem such as composers in the old days!
Peace Out..
-Steph-
No, because not all songs have lyrics like classical music such as Tchaikovksy ( my favorite :))
-Lola
Since some songs don't have lyrics, lyric poems aren't songs.
never mind i changed my mind...there are some songs that just have music without words and they can't have lyrics. But the songs with lyrics are lyric poems!
ROCK ON
~*unnati*~
no. not all songs have lyrics or words. :-)
I think that some songs are lyric but not all of them like mozart he just plays the piano.
I think not all lyric poems are songs because some do not have a ryhme in it
i agree with jeremiah with the study habbits thing
hey,
I think songs are always lyric poems.
bye,
Cara
I think not all lyric poems are songs because some do not have a ryhme in it
Hillary- i really dont think all songs are lyrics, beacuse most of them don't ryme!
Adios,
Ashlynn
i dont, i really dont know ok i dont know if all songs are lyric poetry. okayyyyyyy!
I think this game was very helpful
lyric poetry doesn't always have to be a song.
Like rosie said not all song have lyrics or words.
I think all song are lyric poems. actually i change my mind i think all song are not lyric poems. Nerver mind all song are lyric poems.
I don;t think all lyric poems are songs because not all of them have a flow, or they aren't all poems you can sing. One example of lyric poetry is February Twilight and I don;t think youn can sing that.
I think all songs are lyric poetry because usually the songs rhyme and they have a rythmical pattern and they get enthusiastic so i think all songs are lyric poetry
- Abby <3
About Hillary's comment I don't think all songs are lyric poems because not all songs have lyrics.
- Levi
I think that some lyric poems can rhyme but they don't have to follow a beat which a song has to
I don't think that all songs are lyric poems, because I think that no poem is the same.
GOOD LOOK ON THE TUESDAY.
Hillary, to set the record straight; songs can be lyric poems, narrative poems, free verse, or just about anything else. MOST songs, however, are either narrative or lyric poems. Hope that helps:)
what exactly is a meter?
We'll chat before class, Mary Kate. I'll make sure you get it before you take the test:)
thanks you guys the notes really help
xoxoxo
I think that this poem is a free verse. I think this is a funny poem because it is using types of vegetables that sound like other words. In the poem there are metaphors and rhymes for poetic devices.
ttyl
Claudia
p.s Can free verse poetry be humorous?
Post a Comment