Monday, February 12, 2007

Test Day!

Today we took our poetry test. If you finished before class was over, you got to comment here which is also your homework.

Take a look at this poem. What kind of poem do you think it is? Any poetic devices? Do you like this poem?

Do you carrot all for me?

Do you carrot all for me?
My heart beets for you,
With your turip nose
And your raddish face,
You are a peach.
If we cantaloupe,
Lettuce marry;
Weed make a swell pear.

-Anonymous

48 comments:

Taylor B said...

I think it is a limerick poem because it is sopossed to be taken seriously but it is funny.I like this poem because I think is is funny how they made a sincere poem out of vegetables.They are no poetic devices in this poem.

Megan said...

I think that this poem is a free verse because it doesn't have any rhyming scheme to it or anything like that. It can't be lyric because it doesn't have that musical tune to it, and it isn't a narrative poem because no one is narrating it...
It is using metaphors because it is describe the similarities that are totally unlike. When they are saying that the vegetables are like the peoples bodies and such! I didn't like this poem!

-Megan

Steph K said...

Hi,

I think this poem "Do you carrot all for me?" is a Limerick Poem just like taylor said because it is suppose to be taken seriously and its funny at the same time. Its devices are personification because it's saying "Do you CARROT all for me and My heart BEETS for you". I liked this poem a lot because it was funny and I just like poems like this.

-stepherOstephers


:)

Spencer said...

I agree with Megan that it is free verse because it doesnt have a scheme. It has metaphors in it when it says, my heart beets for you, lettuce marry, and that stuff.

Delaney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tori said...

I think it is free verse poetry because nothing is rhyming. I think every line in this poem is a metaphor because everything is being conpared to fruits and veggies in some way. I like this poem because it is really funny how the author used the names of fruits and veggies to describe a person.

Tori

Aksha said...

I agree with Taylor and Steph because this poem like taylor and steph said that it is supposed to be taken serisouly but it is funny to us.



VISIT MY BLOGSPOT AND POST A COMMENT- MY BLOGSPOT IS..... amazingaksha.blogspot.com

anderson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cristian said...

hey

i think that this poem is a free verse and i did like it
i thought it was cute
i didnt find any poetic devices
overall it was a good poem

xoxoxo

Max M. said...

I think it is a free verse like Megan said because it doesn't tell a story, rhyme, and it focuses on one subject. I don't really like this poem because it doesn't tell a story.

From, Max M.

jack t said...

I thought that this poem was strange but clever. I think it is very much like concrete cat but concrete cat was better. i think that this poem is a free verse poem. i think that the entire poem is a use of fuguritive language.

~*unnati*~ said...

HEY
This poem is free verse because it doesn't have any rhyming words. Tis poem can't be a narrativ poem because it doesn't tell a story, have characters, conflict, or plot. This poem is not lyrical because it is not highly musical. I love this poem because it was very creative using vegetables that to make the poem very funny.

Mary Kate said...

I think that it is free verse because it doesn't rhyme and it doesn't have a specific meter. I like how it uses the vegetables as a play on words. I like this poem.

~Mary Kate~

Rachel said...

HI,


I think that this poem is free verse because it does not have any rhyming scheme like what Megan said. I think this is kind of funny how they say things that have like vegtable words in it. I thought it was funny when they said, "Do you carrot all for me?" I thought that this poem was ok!

BYE

Anonymous said...

I think that the poem is free verse because it doesn't have any rhyme in it. There are no poetic devices. I thought that this poem was a little wierd because it is decribing you and saying that the person has food characteristics. I thought it was ok.

Alex S. said...

I, for one, disagree with Megan's last sentence on her comment, "I didn't like this poem!". I loved this poem because the spelling of the words made it funny. I do agree with Megan when she said that it was a free verse.

Delaney said...

Do you carrot all for me?
My heart beets for you,
With your turip nose
And your raddish face,
You are a peach.
If we cantaloupe,
Lettuce marry;
Weed make a swell pear.

I thought this poem a free verse. Like Megan said.. It doesn't have any rythmical patern.It was a little odd but i thought it was cute how the poem encorpirated vegetables to a poem.

XOXO
Delaney

Molly R said...

HEY,
I think that this poem is a free verse poem. I agree with meagan. I thought this peom was really funny. I like how they are talking in vegtable language. There is alot of ryming in this poem.

BYES

Molly

~D.E.V.O.N~ said...

I think that it is free verse because it doesn't have any words that rhyme or a certain meter. I really like this poem because of how "Anonymous" uses vegetables inside of this poem. Again I really liked this poem!

~D.E.V.O.N~

MAX ROCKS said...

I thought the poetry test was supa hard, just because I didn't study. This poem is a lyric poem. I have no idea but i'm just guessing. I hated this poem because it was reading and there were words. so I leave by saying good bye.

Megan said...

Me, personally don't like these kind of poems, that's just me!

-Megan

Teen Helper said...

I think that the poem is free verse because it doesn't have a scheme to it. It has no meter or anything else. It is very funny, but it is not a limerick because it does not have a rhythem to it.



-Rosie :)


;)

Anonymous said...

I think this poem is a free verse because it does not have a rhytmical pattern. There are no poetic devices in this poem. I don't really like this poem.
- Lola :)

**!!caroline!!** said...

I think that this poem is a free verse poem. There is a metaphor: raddish face. I like this poem because I love how it is a play-on words and how all of them have to do with veggies and fruits! I also like how the poem is all the same and has to do with love and marriage.

Sasha said...

I liked this poem a lot. It was very clever and I liked how the author used vegetables and fruits to mean things. It couldn't be a narrative poem, a haiku, or a limerick. I concluded that is is probably an example of lyrical poetry because it expresses the thoughts of one speaker. The only poetic device I thought was in a poem could have been a metaphor, when the speaker says, "You are a peach".

carab said...

Hey,
I think this poem is a free verse. A poetic device is a metaphor. I really like this poem especially the first line "Do you carrot all for me?" I think it's funny.
bye
Cara

darellf said...

In the poem "Do you carrot all for me?" is a limerick poem and a free verse. It is a free verse because it doesn't have a rhyming pattern. And it is a limerick poem because it is funny. And it also has metaphors like when it says, my heart beets for you, lettuce marry, and all that jazz.


that's all thanks

chloe said...

I think this is a limerick poem, because it is humurous, and a little more than five lines. I like this poem, because I think that it is very creative how the author had used vegetables and fruits to take the place of words. I also think that it is free verse because there is no specific ending to each line. This poem does have a rhyme scheme, because there isn't a rhythmical pattern of rhyming. I really enjoyed this poem because it is funny and creative. :).

Anonymous said...

I think that this poem is a free verse because it does not go by any specefic order, i think that this is a funny poem that expresses a persons feelings, this person is probably a humorous type of person, the people that try to make everything funny. I like this poem because of that. - Joshk

danagraceb said...

I think this poem is a free verse,becasue it is funny, and not very seriouse, and doesn't have a certain metrical beet to it, or a rhyme scheme. I liked this poem becasue it was funny and was a play on words that sound alike, but wasn't a rhyme. I think it must be sort of hard to think of a poem like this, but it is worth it in the end, becasue so many people enjoy it. It is a good change in poems and i would like to read more poems like this.

Tyler H said...

I think this poem is a free verse, not a lic, because it's not very emotional. I do know that it's not a limrick, because it is not five lines. I addimaticly knew that that his wasn't a narrative poem, because it didn't tell a story. I thought this oem was very confusing, because of the homophone, like weed. Weed could mean we would, or the plant that all gardeners and landscapers hate. I thought his poem was okay, but mostly confusing.

Ashlynn said...

I kinda agree with Megan because I do think this a free verse poem. I think this a free verse poem because it dosen't have a song like musical pattern and it has no rhyming. But,one,i disagree with Megan in her last sentence! I really do like this poem because it's a tung twister,fun poem to read!!!!

Bye,
Ashlynn

Kimmy said...

I thought this poem was free verse because it does not have a specific scheme to it. I also thought this poem was kind of a limerick. It was a light funny poem but it was not 5 lines long like a normal limerick. There were no poetic devices. I liked this poem because I thought it was funny and weird at the same time.

Anonymous said...

i agree ith Taylor Barnes it is a limerick poem. i thought that the poem was funny because it was made out of vegetables. i dont think that there are any poetic devices in this poem.

Anonymous said...

i think the poem is free verse and lyric poetry because it has no rhyme scheme, and i would agree that it is a limerick, but a limerick has to be five lines. besides those two, i dont think this has any poetic devices

Anonymous said...

I think this poem is free verse because it doesnt follow any of the guide lines of the other poems. I liked this poem because it was funny.

-Supa Sweet Levi

vanessa said...

I agree with Taylor it is a limerick poem because it is funny but serious.

Sam Boy said...

I liked this poem because the writer is not meaning too be funny but in his writing he says thin like fruits and veggies. This poem makes a great valentines poem and also a humorous one. So I would say it is limerick.

abbyxOX said...

I think this poem is a limerick because it was funny and its not serious or real. I thought it was wierd a little but it was still funny
-Abby

alisa said...

I think this poem is at limerick poem because it is funny when it is taken seriously. I agree with taylor b how I thought it was funny when the author made a poem out of vegetables. I thought that was very funny. After reading it, I found no poetic devices, it was just very funny!

alisa said...

I think this poem is at limerick poem because it is funny when it is taken seriously. I agree with taylor b how I thought it was funny when the author made a poem out of vegetables. I thought that was very funny. After reading it, I found no poetic devices, it was just very funny!

Hayden W said...

I do not know whether these are personifications or not. I guess they're just funny adjectives. I love all the veggie and fruit puns in here. I'd say this is a lyric poem and very funny.

Claudia said...

I think that this poem is a free verse because it doesn't rhyme. I thought that this was a funny poem. The author was creative to use vegetables that sound like other words. The poetic devices are personification when the author says my heart BEETS for you and do you CARROT all form me.

Claudia
p.s Can free verse poetry rhyme?

Claudia said...

oops
i meant to type in:
Can free verse poetry be humorous?



Claudia

JORDYN said...

i like this poem
i think it is a free verse poem
it was cool

connorm said...

I think that this poem is a free verse. I would have said that it was a limerick, but it has 8 lines instead of 5. The reason i would have said limerick was that it was very funny, even though it was supposed to be taken seriously. I think it is funny that they can be in any way serious about vegetables.
-connor rocks!!!-

---tay a--- said...

I think this poem is a free verse becuase, it has not rythmical pattern to it. I really thought it was creative. My favorite line was the first one "Do u carrot all for me"! I really like the theme of vegitbales and love. I would never think that those to things would go together
--taylor--

Leigh said...

I agree with Megan. I think that this poem is a free verse. A limerick has 5 lines, and this poem has 8. Also, a limerick rhymes. There are no rhymes in "Do you carrot all for me?" I didn't see any poetic devices in this poem.