Shel Silverstein's poem seems to show the reader that television is a bad thing. Do you agree? Are there any shows you think are worth watching? Why? Describe them.
70 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hi,
My favorite tv shows are Hannah Montana and Little Einstiens.
Hey guys, if you're going to post a comment, please make sure that you respond to all parts of my question. You should not just be listing your favorite TV shows here. Thanks!
I agree with Steph. Watching to much tv can be a bad thing. I don't watch much tv now but I like The Colbert Report, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and Saturday Night Live. All these shows are anti everything and really funny.
I agree to much bad tv is a bad thing. but tv shoes with a good pupose in moderation is a good thing. I think mythbusters is very worth watching. These two guys take an urban legend and biul a rig to replicae it than they try to prove the myth. that's []D [] []V[] []D
Hi, As I was reading the poem “Jimmy and his TV set,” I was wondering why Silverstein decided to write this. Although I though the topic was somewhat random, he did a good job of describing it. The poem February twilight reminded me of what it is like to stand in my back yard in Colorado and watch the snow fall. I thought that both of the poems where pretty good although they weren’t the best I’ve heard.
My favorite TV shows are American Idol and Hannah Montana. I like watching these shows because they are funny and some people can't sing (which is why it's funny....) American Idol is when different people come to sing. Most of them can't but it makes it good. Hannah Montana is about a girl who is famous and has to pretend like she isn't when she goes to school.
i agree that watching too much TV is bad because it can become addicting.
HI!, I do and don't agree that television is a bad thing. It is bad if u watch too much of it. it is fine if you just watch eductational shows. I like FullHouse, Spongebob, Hannah Montanna, Fresh Prince of Belair, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, MythBusters, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, and Who's Line is it Anyway? I like these shows because all of them are really funny! My favorite one of all of them is Fresh Prince. That one has Will Smith in it. I have a book on all of the Spongebob episodes. I have seen them all. I like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars because they are compietition shows. The rest of them are just really good!
Hey Mr.Watson, When I was little I read this poem and I was freaked out. I thought that if I watched too much PB and J otter, that I would turn into a TV. Overall, I thought that this poem was pretty STUPID!
Journal Response: I like both of these poems alot, but mostly Jimmy Jet and His TV Set. I liked this poem because it was funny and it would teach little kids a lesson about tv. It showed that if you watch to much TV you might end up like Jimmy Jet. I also like the February Twilight because the way the speaker described what she was seeing which made me enjoy and feel what she was feeling. The whole poem was very relaxing and enjoyable.
My favorite TV shows are American Idol and Hannah Montana. I like watching Hannah Montana because it is always funny and enjoyable. I like watching American Idol because it is funny and intense. Hannah Montana is a show about a girl who lives two lives, but one of them is top secret. She is an average girl but on stage she is a teen pop star. American Idol is a show about average people auditioning for a record deal for singing.
I agree with Delaney that watching two much TV is bad for you and that you can get attached to watching TV.
I agree with Steph that watching too much TV is a bad thing, but there are some shows that are worth watching. These shows are educational, yet interesting and fun to watch. I like watching shows on Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. Two of the shows that I enjoy are the Crocodile Hunter and the Most Extreme.
I don't agree that television is a bad thing because it is fun, but too much IS bad! I agree with Steph because Hannah Montana is awesome! :) I also like American Idol! I like to watch The Top 20 Countdown on VH1 on Saturday mornings because I like watching all the music videos.
Hi, i do agree with the poem jimmy jet and his t.v. set, i don't think you will turn in to a t.v. set, but it is bad for you. my favorite t.v. shows to watch are, mythbusters, lost, house, hannah montanah, and whose line is it anyway. i like these shows and think they are worth watching, becasue they can teach you very valuable lessons and are fun to have a break and watch. Lost is about poeple who get in a plane crash and are stranded on an island, where thay have to unite as one to survive. whose line is it anyway, is a show about comedy and the poeple do comedy, the whole show. House is a doctor show and this doctor house is crazy, but he always finds out how to cure the pacient some crazy way. Mythbuster is a show when thay take myths and thay try to proove that thay are true and a re a myth. bye- dana grace b
In the story February Twilight I thought that how quiet the night seemed was different. And how the person was watching a single star. The setting of this poem was the opposite of the poem Jimmy Jet and His TV Set. In this poem it was inside and Jimmy just sat all day and watched the TV. I thought it was weird when he had started to turn into a TV.
I love American Idol because it is funny. Have the time the people can't sing. I don't agree with Jimmy Jet.
I totally agree that too much T.V. is bad for you. My favorite show is probablly ESPN. This is worth watching for because it shows all of the cool highlights and games.
to much tv turns your brain in to a blob of JELLO!!!! i so think that TV is cool im not saying its not but im just saying maybee we sould like play sports more and haing with friends!!!!!!!
I agree with steph because She says that too much tv can be bad for you, but there are educational telvision shows like little einstiens and blues clues, i like to watch 24 and american idol also
JOSH K'S JOURNAL RESPONSE I liked Jimmy Jet and His TV set a lot better than February Twilight because it told a full story, February Twilight was very short and didn’t really tell much of a story, it just talked about this person standing on a hill that watched the evening star until it was gone, but in Jimmy Jet there was a full story and it told how it isn’t good for you if you watch to much television.
Hello- I totally disagree with Stef!!! (sorry stef) I really enjoy watching television. Some shows are bad influences and those are bad to watch but overall, television is a form of entertainment. All shows on Disney Channel are not bad influences. That is a safe channel to watch. I watch almost every single show on that channel. Good Bye ~*unnati*~
thats my journal response: Jimmy jet- I thought this poem was funny. I liked how the author decribed how jimmy jet turned in to his TV set. It remined me of when I was little my dad told me that I shouldn’t watch TV or else my brain will turn in to a big goop of jello. I really like this poem and I also love all the poems that he writes.
I do not think that Silverstein is saying that television is a bad thing, he is just saying that too much T.V isn't good for you. I think that the X-files and Jimmy Neutron are definietly worth watching. :)
"February Twilight" I think that this poem is too peaceful. The girl is standing by a hill. It is covered in beautiful, glittering snow. A SINGLE star was staring at the girl. There was no creature lurking about. The girl watched the star for a long time. IT IS TO PEACEFUL. I wish I was the girl. I love snow and stars.
"Jimmy Jet and His TV Set" I think that Shel Silverstein is right. YOU will turn into a TV if you watch to much.
I think that tv is very bad for you. It can be very addicting. Once you turn it on, you can't stop watching it. You should find a bunch of things that you can do. SO when you are addicted you can go and play them. I agree that watching tv is a bad thing for you. find a sport and go play it instead. You will be fat if you kepp watching it.
I agree with molly because watching too much of T.V. can make you blind. The aproximate much of time you should watch T.V. is probably 1 hour-2 hours.
My favorite shows are The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Hannah Montana. I think these shows are good because they are funny and sometimes you can also learn stuff because the episodes are always supposed to have a problem and a solution. Well they both have one
I do agree about that watching to much tv is bad. there are shows good to watch are like mythbusters or the sports channels. but to much of anything is bad.
yes i do agree TV is bad for you if you watch it everyday, but if you watch it like 4 days a week that not bad. some shows i think are worth watching is whatever anybody is into, because it is your desion to watch how much TV that they apply for them selves peace out, anonymous
I think that TV is fine if you don't watch too much of it. And some shows can teach you. I think that SNL (saturday night live) is worth watching because it is extremely funny.
I think that watching too much TV can be bad for you...but don't get me wrong I like to watch TV too! Just because you shouldn't watch it all day doesn't mean that you can't watch it for a short period of time. So, what I am trying to say it I totally agree with this poem. Don't be boring and just watch TV all day. Do something else. Get out their and play sports, go shopping (for girls...), hang out with friends! Something different than TV!!!!
I sort of agree i think that if your watching Espn or Family guy it's ok but any thing else that is really bad. Espn is and what ever channel Family guy are on are the only channels worth watching. The only words to describe them are SUPA SWEET.
I agree with Steph that watching too much TV is bad for you.Only some TV shows are worth watching. When you watch too much TV you can turn into a coach potato.
I agree that T.V. is bad for you. I totally agree with max too, Espn is flipping awesome.(sportscenter) I personally like to watch college basketball to if a good game is on but, since the Nfl football season is almost over, there's nothing good on. P.S. I hated this poem. ( No offense Mr. Watson From- kevsta- Kevin
Mr. W, I agree that watching too much tv can be bad for your health and your grades.
I don't watch tv that much any more but one of the shows I used to watch and still do watch some times, it is Fairly Odd Parents. It is about a ten year old boy who gets no attention from his parents and has a baby sitter who torchures him. He gets fairy god parents because he is so miserable. Each episode is about one of the wild adventures he take with his faries. I like the show because it is a comedy.
Hi, I thought that the Jimmy Jet poem was very unusual. I thought it was really weird he turned into a TV! You would think that his parents would stop him….mine would. Anyway, I think that watching TV is fine! Sometimes it can be a good thing too, it can teach you lessons. Normally, TV shows end up happy and people learn from a mistake they made. It’s funny, and most times you learn from watching the show, even though you don’t think you are. I think that watching too much TV isn’t bad after all. Most of the shows on animal plannet are worth watching, you learn something, but sometimes it can be discusting! Animal violence!
There are some shows that are worth watching. American Idol is good because you see people who try and sing in front of millons and they think they are good some of them are good and some of them aren't. You audition for a singing show. The other one is Real World Road Rules The Challenge The Duel because if you really want something alot then you will work hard for it. But if you don't want something that much then you will slack off and not care about it.This show is about you do challenges that test your mental and phyical stregnth Taylor B
I think that if you watch too much t.v.it could be bad. But if you take it in like small amounts I am sure it cant kill you or turn you into a t.v. set. I think telivision is a good thing and it is not ment too be badif you take it in doses.
I think that Jimmy Jet and his TV set was a good, and funny poem. I thought it was funny how he turned into a TV. His bottom grew into a chair. and his chin turned into a tuning dial. and an antennae grew out of his hair. And his brain turned into a TV tube. And his face turned into a TV screen. And two knobs saying "VERT." and "HORIZ". Grew where his ears had been. And he grew a plug that looked like a tail. So we pluged in Little Jim. And now instead of him watching TV. We all sat around and watched him. I thought that February Twilight was a boring poem. I did not really like it. I think that it is ok to watch TV but not to much of it. Me favorite TV shows are LOST, and American Idol. I like LOST because it is a good show. I think that American Idol is funny because it is funny how people think they can sing.
Hey everyone, T.v is okay to watch once and a while. I find that Cartoons are the worst to watch because they are all fictional. Watching these shows too much can make you believe that these things things can really happen. I like to watch things like American Idol because it is actually something that happens and it's fun to listen to all the horrilbe singers.
I thought Jimmy Jet and his TV Set was a funny and fake poem. It was funny when Jimmy jet turned into a TV and I guess his family then started watching him instead. I thought it was fake, because no one can watch TV so much that they turn into a TV set. Though it was fake and funny, I noticed it had a lesson to it. The was not to watch to much TV, because it’s not good for you. So to all of you TV watchers, Don’t be like Jimmy Jet, and limit your time on your TV set!!!!
I only like "The Apprentise," because I like to see all of Donald Trumps cars, air planes, hilocopters, and his skyscapers. Also I like the show, because I like seeing the poeple getting fired. I think that TV is awful, because all you usually find is stupid, rediculous, and inapropreate.
i think that t.v is bad for u if you have too much of it. its kinda like chocolate because its good if u have it in moderation, like t.v its ok but just watch a little and go play some sports or lift weights and then watch it later to stay healthy!
Yes I think that there are some T.V. shows to watch being the News channels and weather channels. I beleve that the News channels are important because you need to be informed on whats happening localy, nationally, and globaly. I think that the Weather channel is important because like we live in florida and if you dont have at least a few days in advance so you eather can evacuate or get prepared there are many many diffrent advantages of these shows and I really dont agree with most of you.
In both poems "Febuary Twilight" and "Jimmy Jet And His TV Set" the charaters are both wathing something.In "JIMMY JET AND HIS TV SET" the boy does not feel anything.He just sits and whatches TV.All day,Every day until he turnes into a TV set.His mind is not his own,but all of his thoughts comes from what he sees on the TV.I realy liked this poem. AUSTIN :)
i liked the poem about Jimmy Jet heres my Journal Response. I liked jimmy jet a bit more than the February twilight. Jimmy jet was funnier because he turned into a TV. The February twilight was also good although, I didn’t really understand it because it was sort of confusing. Jimmy jet was also better because it was a bit longer and more descriptive, and it had a good moral.
I think that too much tv is a bad thing because if you start watching too much tv then you will get lazy and you wont be able to get off of your feet, but I dont think you are going to turn into a tv. Some shows that are worth watching are myth busters, snl, and some other shows.
hello, I do think television is a bad because some of the stuff that they show can affect you but i still like watching it. I don't have a favorite tv show. Good Bye, cara
Hi, I agree that TV can be bad for you because it is very addicting and it is bad for your brain if you watch too much TV. If you really get addictive to TV, then you became a couch potatoe. Instead of becoming a couch potatoe, you go outside and find a sport to do. My favorite TV shows are Hannah Montana and Without a Trace because the shows start out with a problem with one of the characters and then it keeps you hooked onto the show and you can stop.
I agree with Steff how t.v. can be bad for, but not all of the time. I mean, if you watch for about 30 each day for tree or four days a week it not that bad. But if you watch for like, two hours each day of the week, that would be bad. So, I can and can't agree with Steph, but I mostly do.
Also, I totally agree with Steph, Mary Kate, Delaney, and Cristian with my favorite shows. I love to watch Hannah Montanah and American Idol. Those are my favorite shows of all time! Bye, Alisa
HEY GUYS, CHECK OUT THE SWEETEST COMMENT EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
I agree with Devon that TV isn't a bad thing for you. I think that all that it is is just a source of entertainment. I like to watch Family Guy, ESPN, Fishing, hunting clips, and MYTHBUSTERS. If you are a couch potatoe and watch TV all day, then you may be affected by your exersise. (FAT) There are many arguments about if it hurts you or not, but personally, I don't think it affects. you.
I dont beleive that watching television is bad, only too much of it. if you watch TV too much you won't want to go outside and get excersise. i never understood how this was possible, but my dad says when you're watching TV, you get bored and you eat a lot of junk food while you're watching. i think TV is fine if you dont watch too much of it.
I'm not sure what my favorite TV shows are, but my favorite educational one is mythbusters, and when shark week was on, i watched that too.
I like watching t.v., but I agree with everyone who said that too much of it is bad for you. Obviously, if you watch t.v. all day and night you won't turn into a t.v., but I think that too much is a waste of time. Starring at a television screen all the time on a couch isn't healthy either.
I don’t really have a favorite show. I’ll watch whatever interests me that’s on. The show I’ve been watching the most lately is American Idol. It is a contest to find the best singer in America. There are contestants from all over the US, and they sing for the judges and try to make it to the next round. It comes on at 8:00 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
I thought that Jimmy Jet was kind of weird becuase he turned into a TV, But I think that watching too much TV can be a bad thing. Some TV shows are educational. I don't think that watching TV is all bad.
I enjoyed the poem, "Jimmy Jet and His TV Set," because I thought it was ironic that since Jimmy Jet watched so much TV, he turned into one himself. I do agree that watching to much TV is bad for you, because you just sit down on the couch all day and do nothing.
I thought that the story Jimmy Jet and his TV set was funny because it suggested that if you watch TV 24/7 you can turn into a TV set and everyone will watch you instead of you watching a TV. I like when the poem said that Jimmy watched TV almost as much as you.
My favorite tv shows are American Idol and Hannah Montana. American Idol is all about trying to find the best singer in America. They also have this show in Brazil, it is called Idolos (idols). Hannah Montana is about a girl that is living a double life. She is popstar Hannah Montana but she is also Miley Stewart, in school. I agree with Shel Silverstein that tv is not good because it is addicting. Once you start watching time flies, you don't relize how many shows you have watched until 9 at night.
I think that this poem makes a statement, such as, you shouldnt sit home and watch T.V. and be a couch potatoe getting fat. I mean what if your remote controll batteries die what are you going to do then? I would rather be out side staying fit and healthy. I think a show that is worth watching is "American Idol" because i like to laugh at all of the people that arent good, i also like to be amazed by the people who are good. Or seeing a like 50 year old man go on just to sing a song for his dead whife. "THATS HEART AN TRUE LOVE"!!!
I agree with Shel Silverstein that watching tv is a bad thing. I liked how he showed that tv is not good for you because when Jimmy Jet watched a lot of tv and thats all he did, he turned into a tv himself. I think that a lot of shows are worth watching like Hannah Montana,or any sport shows. I think these shows are worth watching because Hannah Montana is a good singing show and I have always liked music as well as the scenes in the show are about home and school family life. The sports shows are just really fun to watch with your family and friends becuase you get to see the different sports that are played. I like a lot of sports like lacrosse and basketball so that is a good channel for me.
HEY, I do think T.V is bad for you but, thats only if you watch all the time like Jimmy Jet. My favorite T.V shows are Hannah Montana and American Idol. I like these shows because there funny, and fun to watch when you get bored!!!!
I think to much T.V is bad for you. Its like if you eat to many strawberries than you'll turn into a strawberry, if you eat to carrots you'll turn into a a carrot (or turn orange) my favorite T.V show is sportscenter, but rele and truly I dont watch that much T.V
Yes i do agree that television is a bad thing. Yes there are shows worth watching. Such as the News, because if you are planning to go somewhere you need to know what kind of clothes to bring. Warm or Cold.
No, I dont agree that T.V. is all bad because there are some good channels. My favorite channels are animal planet and discovery channel. Animal planet has the crocodile hunter and discovery channel has myth busters.
yes i think that watching a lot of tv is bad for you because you r body needs exercise. i think that espn and comedy shows are good because there funny and sport's s
70 comments:
Hi,
My favorite tv shows are Hannah Montana and Little Einstiens.
I do agree about Jimmy Jet.
Bye,
Steph-
Hey guys, if you're going to post a comment, please make sure that you respond to all parts of my question. You should not just be listing your favorite TV shows here. Thanks!
I agree with Steph. Watching to much tv can be a bad thing. I don't watch much tv now but I like The Colbert Report, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and Saturday Night Live. All these shows are anti everything and really funny.
See ya,
Sasha
I agree to much bad tv is a bad thing. but tv shoes with a good pupose in moderation is a good thing.
I think mythbusters is very worth watching.
These two guys take an urban legend and biul a rig to replicae it than they try to prove the myth. that's
[]D [] []V[] []D
Hi,
As I was reading the poem “Jimmy and his TV set,” I was wondering why Silverstein decided to write this. Although I though the topic was somewhat random, he did a good job of describing it. The poem February twilight reminded me of what it is like to stand in my back yard in Colorado and watch the snow fall. I thought that both of the poems where pretty good although they weren’t the best I’ve heard.
My favorite TV shows are American Idol and Hannah Montana. I like watching these shows because they are funny and some people can't sing (which is why it's funny....)
American Idol is when different people come to sing. Most of them can't but it makes it good. Hannah Montana is about a girl who is famous and has to pretend like she isn't when she goes to school.
i agree that watching too much TV is bad because it can become addicting.
Bye,
Delaney
HI!,
I do and don't agree that television is a bad thing. It is bad if u watch too much of it. it is fine if you just watch eductational shows. I like FullHouse, Spongebob, Hannah Montanna, Fresh Prince of Belair, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, MythBusters, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, and Who's Line is it Anyway? I like these shows because all of them are really funny! My favorite one of all of them is Fresh Prince. That one has Will Smith in it. I have a book on all of the Spongebob episodes. I have seen them all. I like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars because they are compietition shows. The rest of them are just really good!
Hey Mr.Watson,
When I was little I read this poem and I was freaked out. I thought that if I watched too much PB and J otter, that I would turn into a TV. Overall, I thought that this poem was pretty STUPID!
HELLO,
This is my Journal Response...
Journal Response: I like both of these poems alot, but mostly Jimmy Jet and His TV Set. I liked this poem because it was funny and it would teach little kids a lesson about tv. It showed that if you watch to much TV you might end up like Jimmy Jet. I also like the February Twilight because the way the speaker described what she was seeing which made me enjoy and feel what she was feeling. The whole poem was very relaxing and enjoyable.
My favorite TV shows are American Idol and Hannah Montana. I like watching Hannah Montana because it is always funny and enjoyable. I like watching American Idol because it is funny and intense. Hannah Montana is a show about a girl who lives two lives, but one of them is top secret. She is an average girl but on stage she is a teen pop star. American Idol is a show about average people auditioning for a record deal for singing.
I agree with Delaney that watching two much TV is bad for you and that you can get attached to watching TV.
I agree with Steph that watching too much TV is a bad thing, but there are some shows that are worth watching. These shows are educational, yet interesting and fun to watch. I like watching shows on Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. Two of the shows that I enjoy are the Crocodile Hunter and the Most Extreme.
I don't agree that television is a bad thing because it is fun, but too much IS bad! I agree with Steph because Hannah Montana is awesome! :) I also like American Idol! I like to watch The Top 20 Countdown on VH1 on Saturday mornings because I like watching all the music videos.
Hi, i do agree with the poem jimmy jet and his t.v. set, i don't think you will turn in to a t.v. set, but it is bad for you. my favorite t.v. shows to watch are, mythbusters, lost, house, hannah montanah, and whose line is it anyway. i like these shows and think they are worth watching, becasue they can teach you very valuable lessons and are fun to have a break and watch. Lost is about poeple who get in a plane crash and are stranded on an island, where thay have to unite as one to survive. whose line is it anyway, is a show about comedy and the poeple do comedy, the whole show. House is a doctor show and this doctor house is crazy, but he always finds out how to cure the pacient some crazy way. Mythbuster is a show when thay take myths and thay try to proove that thay are true and a re a myth.
bye- dana grace b
In the story February Twilight I thought that how quiet the night seemed was different. And how the person was watching a single star. The setting of this poem was the opposite of the poem Jimmy Jet and His TV Set. In this poem it was inside and Jimmy just sat all day and watched the TV. I thought it was weird when he had started to turn into a TV.
I love American Idol because it is funny. Have the time the people can't sing. I don't agree with Jimmy Jet.
hi
i think that watching too much T.V is bad for you. Although you cannot turn into a telivision you can become addicted.
I personally like to watching American Idol becasue it is funny.
Hey Everyone,
I totally agree that too much T.V. is bad for you. My favorite show is probablly ESPN. This is worth watching for because it shows all of the cool highlights and games.
From,
Max M.
Good point, Max! It's like watching a summary. You don't have to watch a game for 3 hours, but you get to see the best parts!
to much tv turns your brain in to a blob of JELLO!!!! i so think that TV is cool im not saying its not but im just saying maybee we sould like play sports more and haing with friends!!!!!!!
My fav show is DORA!!!!!! (jk)
I agree with steph because She says that too much tv can be bad for you, but there are educational telvision shows like little einstiens and blues clues, i like to watch 24 and american idol also
JOSH K'S JOURNAL RESPONSE
I liked Jimmy Jet and His TV set a lot better than February Twilight because it told a full story, February Twilight was very short and didn’t really tell much of a story, it just talked about this person standing on a hill that watched the evening star until it was gone, but in Jimmy Jet there was a full story and it told how it isn’t good for you if you watch to much television.
Hello-
I totally disagree with Stef!!! (sorry stef) I really enjoy watching television. Some shows are bad influences and those are bad to watch but overall, television is a form of entertainment. All shows on Disney Channel are not bad influences. That is a safe channel to watch. I watch almost every single show on that channel.
Good Bye
~*unnati*~
thats my journal response: Jimmy jet- I thought this poem was funny. I liked how the author decribed how jimmy jet turned in to his TV set. It remined me of when I was little my dad told me that I shouldn’t watch TV or else my brain will turn in to a big goop of jello. I really like this poem and I also love all the poems that he writes.
I do not think that Silverstein is saying that television is a bad thing, he is just saying that too much T.V isn't good for you. I think that the X-files and Jimmy Neutron are definietly worth watching. :)
-Lola
"February Twilight"
I think that this poem is too peaceful. The girl is standing by a hill. It is covered in beautiful, glittering snow. A SINGLE star was staring at the girl. There was no creature lurking about. The girl watched the star for a long time. IT IS TO PEACEFUL. I wish I was the girl. I love snow and stars.
"Jimmy Jet and His TV Set"
I think that Shel Silverstein is right. YOU will turn into a TV if you watch to much.
I think that tv is very bad for you. It can be very addicting. Once you turn it on, you can't stop watching it. You should find a bunch of things that you can do. SO when you are addicted you can go and play them.
I agree that watching tv is a bad thing for you. find a sport and go play it instead. You will be fat if you kepp watching it.
Byes,
Molly
Hi,
I agree with molly because watching too much of T.V. can make you blind. The aproximate much of time you should watch T.V. is probably 1 hour-2 hours.
My favorite shows are The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Hannah Montana. I think these shows are good because they are funny and sometimes you can also learn stuff because the episodes are always supposed to have a problem and a solution. Well they both have one
Thanx,
Aksha Patel
I do agree about that watching to much tv is bad. there are shows good to watch are like mythbusters or the sports channels. but to much of anything is bad.
EVAN_-_-
yes i do agree TV is bad for you if you watch it everyday, but if you watch it like 4 days a week that not bad. some shows i think are worth watching is whatever anybody is into, because it is your desion to watch how much TV that they apply for them selves
peace out,
anonymous
I think that TV is fine if you don't watch too much of it. And some shows can teach you. I think that SNL (saturday night live) is worth watching because it is extremely funny.
Hey-
I think that watching too much TV can be bad for you...but don't get me wrong I like to watch TV too! Just because you shouldn't watch it all day doesn't mean that you can't watch it for a short period of time. So, what I am trying to say it I totally agree with this poem. Don't be boring and just watch TV all day. Do something else. Get out their and play sports, go shopping (for girls...), hang out with friends! Something different than TV!!!!
-Megan
Hey peoples,
I sort of agree i think that if your watching Espn or Family guy it's ok but any thing else that is really bad. Espn is and what ever channel Family guy are on are the only channels worth watching. The only words to describe them are SUPA SWEET.
Hi,
I agree with Steph that watching too much TV is bad for you.Only some TV shows are worth watching. When you watch too much TV you can turn into a coach potato.
-Kimmy
I agree that T.V. is bad for you. I totally agree with max too, Espn is flipping awesome.(sportscenter)
I personally like to watch college basketball to if a good game is on but, since the Nfl football season is almost over, there's nothing good on.
P.S. I hated this poem. ( No offense Mr. Watson
From- kevsta- Kevin
Yes, i agree to much tv is bad.
The best shows are Espn and all other sportschannels because of the cool highlights.
Kev
Kevin,
No offense taken:) I do wish that you'd have been a bit more specific though about what you didn't like instead of just saying "I hated it."
Mr. W,
I agree that watching too much tv can be bad for your health and your grades.
I don't watch tv that much any more but one of the shows I used to watch and still do watch some times, it is Fairly Odd Parents. It is about a ten year old boy who gets no attention from his parents and has a baby sitter who torchures him. He gets fairy god parents because he is so miserable. Each episode is about one of the wild adventures he take with his faries. I like the show because it is a comedy.
Your Student,
Danny Salvador
Hi,
I thought that the Jimmy Jet poem was very unusual. I thought it was really weird he turned into a TV! You would think that his parents would stop him….mine would. Anyway, I think that watching TV is fine! Sometimes it can be a good thing too, it can teach you lessons. Normally, TV shows end up happy and people learn from a mistake they made. It’s funny, and most times you learn from watching the show, even though you don’t think you are. I think that watching too much TV isn’t bad after all.
Most of the shows on animal plannet are worth watching, you learn something, but sometimes it can be discusting! Animal violence!
Hola Mr.Watson
I do agree with jimmy jet that tv is bad for you.
There are some shows that are worth watching. American Idol is good because you see people who try and sing in front of millons and they think they are good some of them are good and some of them aren't. You audition for a singing show.
The other one is Real World Road Rules The Challenge The Duel because if you really want something alot then you will work hard for it. But if you don't want something that much then you will slack off and not care about it.This show is about you do challenges that test your mental and phyical stregnth
Taylor B
I think that if you watch too much t.v.it could be bad. But if you take it in like small amounts I am sure it cant kill you or turn you into a t.v. set. I think telivision is a good thing and it is not ment too be badif you take it in doses.
I think that Jimmy Jet and his TV set was a good, and funny poem. I thought it was funny how he turned into a TV. His bottom grew into a chair. and his chin turned into a tuning dial. and an antennae grew out of his hair. And his brain turned into a TV tube. And his face turned into a TV screen. And two knobs saying "VERT." and "HORIZ". Grew where his ears had been. And he grew a plug that looked like a tail. So we pluged in Little Jim. And now instead of him watching TV. We all sat around and watched him.
I thought that February Twilight was a boring poem. I did not really like it.
I think that it is ok to watch TV but not to much of it. Me favorite TV shows are LOST, and American Idol. I like LOST because it is a good show. I think that American Idol is funny because it is funny how people think they can sing.
Hey everyone,
T.v is okay to watch once and a while. I find that Cartoons are the worst to watch because they are all fictional. Watching these shows too much can make you believe that these things things can really happen. I like to watch things like American Idol because it is actually something that happens and it's fun to listen to all the horrilbe singers.
I thought Jimmy Jet and his TV Set was a funny and fake poem. It was funny when Jimmy jet turned into a TV and I guess his family then started watching him instead. I thought it was fake, because no one can watch TV so much that they turn into a TV set. Though it was fake and funny, I noticed it had a lesson to it. The was not to watch to much TV, because it’s not good for you. So to all of you TV watchers, Don’t be like Jimmy Jet, and limit your time on your TV set!!!!
I only like "The Apprentise," because I like to see all of Donald Trumps cars, air planes, hilocopters, and his skyscapers. Also I like the show, because I like seeing the poeple getting fired. I think that TV is awful, because all you usually find is stupid, rediculous, and inapropreate.
zaijian (good-bye)
Tyler
i think that t.v is bad for u if you have too much of it. its kinda like chocolate because its good if u have it in moderation, like t.v its ok but just watch a little and go play some sports or lift weights and then watch it later to stay healthy!
Yes I think that there are some T.V. shows to watch being the News channels and weather channels. I beleve that the News channels are important because you need to be informed on whats happening localy, nationally, and globaly. I think that the Weather channel is important because like we live in florida and if you dont have at least a few days in advance so you eather can evacuate or get prepared there are many many diffrent advantages of these shows and I really dont agree with most of you.
In both poems "Febuary Twilight" and "Jimmy Jet And His TV Set" the charaters are both wathing something.In "JIMMY JET AND HIS TV SET" the boy does not feel anything.He just sits and whatches TV.All day,Every day until he turnes into a TV set.His mind is not his own,but all of his thoughts comes from what he sees on the TV.I realy liked this poem. AUSTIN :)
i liked the poem about Jimmy Jet heres my Journal Response.
I liked jimmy jet a bit more than the February twilight. Jimmy jet was funnier because he turned into a TV. The February twilight was also good although, I didn’t really understand it because it was sort of confusing. Jimmy jet was also better because it was a bit longer and more descriptive, and it had a good moral.
Hi :)
I forgot to say I agree too much tv is bad but i like to whatch "Drake And Josh"
I liked the poem "JIMMY JET AND HIS TV SET"
I think that too much tv is a bad thing because if you start watching too much tv then you will get lazy and you wont be able to get off of your feet, but I dont think you are going to turn into a tv. Some shows that are worth watching are myth busters, snl, and some other shows.
hello,
I do think television is a bad because some of the stuff that they show can affect you but i still like watching it. I don't have a favorite tv show.
Good Bye,
cara
Hi, I agree that TV can be bad for you because it is very addicting and it is bad for your brain if you watch too much TV. If you really get addictive to TV, then you became a couch potatoe. Instead of becoming a couch potatoe, you go outside and find a sport to do. My favorite TV shows are Hannah Montana and Without a Trace because the shows start out with a problem with one of the characters and then it keeps you hooked onto the show and you can stop.
Byes,
~*ApRiL*~
Hey,
I agree with Steff how t.v. can be bad for, but not all of the time. I mean, if you watch for about 30 each day for tree or four days a week it not that bad. But if you watch for like, two hours each day of the week, that would be bad. So, I can and can't agree with Steph, but I mostly do.
Also, I totally agree with Steph, Mary Kate, Delaney, and Cristian with my favorite shows. I love to watch Hannah Montanah and American Idol. Those are my favorite shows of all time!
Bye,
Alisa
HEY GUYS, CHECK OUT THE SWEETEST COMMENT EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
I agree with Devon that TV isn't a bad thing for you. I think that all that it is is just a source of entertainment. I like to watch Family Guy, ESPN, Fishing, hunting clips, and MYTHBUSTERS. If you are a couch potatoe and watch TV all day, then you may be affected by your exersise. (FAT) There are many arguments about if it hurts you or not, but personally, I don't think it affects. you.
BYE!
-ANDERSON PROCTOR
I dont beleive that watching television is bad, only too much of it. if you watch TV too much you won't want to go outside and get excersise. i never understood how this was possible, but my dad says when you're watching TV, you get bored and you eat a lot of junk food while you're watching. i think TV is fine if you dont watch too much of it.
I'm not sure what my favorite TV shows are, but my favorite educational one is mythbusters, and when shark week was on, i watched that too.
Hey,
I like watching t.v., but I agree with everyone who said that too much of it is bad for you. Obviously, if you watch t.v. all day and night you won't turn into a t.v., but I think that too much is a waste of time. Starring at a television screen all the time on a couch isn't healthy either.
I don’t really have a favorite show. I’ll watch whatever interests me that’s on. The show I’ve been watching the most lately is American Idol. It is a contest to find the best singer in America. There are contestants from all over the US, and they sing for the judges and try to make it to the next round. It comes on at 8:00 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Alex M.
Hi,
I thought that Jimmy Jet was kind of weird becuase he turned into a TV, But I think that watching too much TV can be a bad thing. Some TV shows are educational. I don't think that watching TV is all bad.
CHLOE'S JOURNAL RESPONSE:
I enjoyed the poem, "Jimmy Jet and His TV Set," because I thought it was ironic that since Jimmy Jet watched so much TV, he turned into one himself. I do agree that watching to much TV is bad for you, because you just sit down on the couch all day and do nothing.
I thought that the story Jimmy Jet and his TV set was funny because it suggested that if you watch TV 24/7 you can turn into a TV set and everyone will watch you instead of you watching a TV. I like when the poem said that Jimmy watched TV almost as much as you.
My favorite tv shows are American Idol and Hannah Montana. American Idol is all about trying to find the best singer in America. They also have this show in Brazil, it is called Idolos (idols). Hannah Montana is about a girl that is living a double life. She is popstar Hannah Montana but she is also Miley Stewart, in school. I agree with Shel Silverstein that tv is not good because it is addicting. Once you start watching time flies, you don't relize how many shows you have watched until 9 at night.
Hello...
I think that this poem makes a statement, such as, you shouldnt sit home and watch T.V. and be a couch potatoe getting fat. I mean what if your remote controll batteries die what are you going to do then? I would rather be out side staying fit and healthy. I think a show that is worth watching is "American Idol" because i like to laugh at all of the people that arent good, i also like to be amazed by the people who are good. Or seeing a like 50 year old man go on just to sing a song for his dead whife. "THATS HEART AN TRUE LOVE"!!!
Hi,
I agree with Shel Silverstein that watching tv is a bad thing. I liked how he showed that tv is not good for you because when Jimmy Jet watched a lot of tv and thats all he did, he turned into a tv himself. I think that a lot of shows are worth watching like Hannah Montana,or any sport shows. I think these shows are worth watching because Hannah Montana is a good singing show and I have always liked music as well as the scenes in the show are about home and school family life. The sports shows are just really fun to watch with your family and friends becuase you get to see the different sports that are played. I like a lot of sports like lacrosse and basketball so that is a good channel for me.
-Steph-
HEY,
I do think T.V is bad for you but, thats only if you watch all the time like Jimmy Jet. My favorite T.V shows are Hannah Montana and American Idol. I like these shows because there funny, and fun to watch when you get bored!!!!
BYE,
Ashlynn
I think to much T.V is bad for you. Its like if you eat to many strawberries than you'll turn into a strawberry, if you eat to carrots you'll turn into a a carrot (or turn orange) my favorite T.V show is sportscenter, but rele and truly I dont watch that much T.V
~D.E.V.O.N~
Yes i do agree that television is a bad thing. Yes there are shows worth watching. Such as the News, because if you are planning to go somewhere you need to know what kind of clothes to bring. Warm or Cold.
I thought this poem was really funny because he turned into a T.V.
-Abby k.
No, I dont agree that T.V. is all bad because there are some good channels. My favorite channels are animal planet and discovery channel. Animal planet has the crocodile hunter and discovery channel has myth busters.
i thought this poem was funny because he turned into a tv
ERIK
yes i think that watching a lot of tv is bad for you because you r body needs exercise. i think that espn and comedy shows are good because there funny and sport's s
Post a Comment