Monday, October 1, 2007

Today in the beginning of English class Mr. Watson told us to close our tablets and he told us what we were going do. We were going to take out our transitive and intransitive sentences, review them, and pick the best one in our group and the best one that we find we will share in class. We went over what Mr. Watson’s last class did and then we started doing our class’s sentences. Then Mr. Watson said that we could check our grades to see if we would get a progress report in his class. The homework is to read Chapters 10 and 11 in UTBRS. Here are the sentences from today…there will be a quiz on Wednesday.

1) Billy’s shirt floated ahead of me like a ghost.
Intransitive
Verb-floated

2) Billy hit a fly ball.
Transitive
Verb-hit
Direct Object-ball

3) I jumped back.
Intransitive
Verb-jumped

4) I want to see some real progress by December 15th-that’s one month from now.
Transitive
Verb- see
Direct Object- progress

5) So I studied them carefully.
Transitive
Verb-studied
Direct Object-them

6) Mr. Ramos raised his eyebrows.
Verb-raised
Transitive
Direct Object- eyebrows

7) When Lucky trotted out onto the Wilson’s lawn, Keet’s dog went into a barking frenzy.
Verb-trotted, went
Intransitive

8) I was helping Grandpa with the chickens.
Verb-was helping
Transitive
Direct Object-Grandpa

9) Yesterday a German submarine shot at it.
Verb-shot
Intransitive

10) Come on Grandpa, I don’t want to go over there.
Verb-go
Intransitive



11) Grandpa shook his head.
Verb-shook
Transitive
Direct Object-head

12) But no one came.
Verb-came
Intransitive

13) Mr. Wilson stepped on the gas.
Verb-stepped
Intransitive

14) Mr. Wilson’s angry eyes were still scaring me half to death.
Verb-were scaring
Transitive
Direct Object-me

15) I covered my ears.
Verb-covered
Transitive
Direct Object-ears

16) Just then Papa came strolling through the trees.
Verb-strolling
Intransitive

17) I heard a gunshot.
Verb-heard
Transitive
Direct Object-gunshot

18) Toward the end of October, something very strange happened.
Verb-happened
Intransitive

19) Those army guys never stop.
Verb-stop
Intransitive

20) Lucky looked up at us.
Verb-looked
Intransitive





21) I heard a thug and something falling over.
Verb-heard
Transitive
Direct Object-thug and something

22) I nodded.
Verb-nodded
Intransitive

23) A bullet thwacked into a tree a few feet away from me.
Verb-thwacked
Intransitive

No comments: