Hey kids,
Below you will find an email I received. I'm sharing it with you for two reasons. The first reason is to reiterate to you that people all over the world are reading our blog, so it is important to remember the things that should not be included in your notes and comments. The second reason is because I need your input. Is this something you would be interested in? What kinds of projects could you learn something from? I don't want this to just be a "social" experience, but something that you are actually increasing your knowlege through. Now, have a look at the letter and post those ideas as comments. Thank you in advance for your help with this!
Mahalo nui loa,
Mr. Watson
Mr. Watson,
Thanks for sharing your email address with me. I teach Japanese language and culture to 6th graders at an independent K-12 school in Honolulu, Hawaii.
I stumbled on to your English class blog and thought it might be interesting to collaborate on a project with you and your students. As I mentioned in your class message blog, my sixth graders have finished reading "Under the Blood Red Sun" and will soon be reading the companion novel "The House of the Red Fish" in their Language Arts class. Are your students planning to read The House of the Red fish novel too?
I don't have a specific project in mind, but I thought it might involve book discussions and possibly a joint technology project together. I'm also hoping for my students to share a little bit about Hawaii, Japanese language and culture and also we would love to share information about Pearl Harbor, etc.
We will also work on a Japanese language imovie project during second semester and could send you our Japanese videos if you are interested in learning some Japanese.
If you're interested, let's brainstorm together. Hope to hear from you.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

31 comments:
Hey, I'm in Mr. W's class and I think that working with a real class from hawaii would be awesome! I think that It would be cool If we both made parts of a movie and formed a movie together, but that's just my opinion!
i think that would be pretty cool if we could do a project with the class in Hawaii. then mabe they could answer all those questions about hawaii and japan we had. I think its an awsome idea.
hey, i think that would be really cool to soordinate a project with the other kids,
From, Ganga
I would love to do a project! It would be so much fun! I don't know what kind of project we would do but it sounds like fun anyway. I hope we do it.
Hey i am in Mr. W class. I would love to hear about Pearl Harbour. I am good and I hope you are too. THANKS!!!!
that sounds cool... i wanna see that movie... it sounds like something interesting.
yeah, i wanna learn about pearl harbor. sounds cool.
Heya! I would love to do a project with you and your students. Idk what we could do though. But still it would be fun!
:)Nicki(:
Heya! I would love to do a project with you and your students. Idk what we could do though. But still it would be fun!
:)Nicki(:
i agree with Ellie
i think both classes shoul dread the same book and then share what we and or them though about it so ya but i think it will be fun laerning a little japanese.so byyyyeeeeeee
always,jessie
i agree with ellie
i think it sounds awsome because to have a class from there and its like the same as the book so i say lets do it!!<3
from taryn,
like Will said I think that it will be really cool to work with a class from Hawaii. I don't really know what to do but what ever it is it will be alot of fun.
i agree with jessie.s she is so kool an di like her idea so byyyyeeee peace out yeah?!?!?!?!?
always jessie.s
I think it would be fun if we did a project on Pearl Harbor. all the kids could all work and make a cool model of pearl harbor.
i agree with taryn it sounds fun
HEy this is brandino, I think it would be awsome if we could to a project together , maybe we could have pin pals and share information about under the blood red sun
ya i aslo agree with taryn and all the other people that have the same idea as me and taryn because she is so kool but ya we should do it it will be awsome it will be like having a penpal i have one of thoes. <33<333
always,kool :)
Hey Hey this is Karly and i think that we should have some pen pal letters going on. I think it will be a great idea because we can each learn aob ut eachother cultures and tht wee can send pictures with our letters! All we need ot know is his address or email and it will be perfect.
im going with brandons idea
Hi Mr. Watson, i like the part of this email about learning jappense and i would also like to be their penpall and learn about hawwi and tell them about america and florida. I also liked the idea of reading that book it would be neet to beable to do the same thing (if we do ) but on a totally differnt book
Your Student,
Aaron
I think that it would be cool working with a class from Hawaii. I think that we should share info from Under the Blood Red.
I think it would be awesome if we did a project with a class from Hawaii, too! I think that we could learn a lot from them.
TiFfAnY
i think it would be alot of fun i want to see a video
I think that it would be awesome to get to know alot about people that live in Hawaii, because i love surfing. And since they have great waves down there it would be cool! I hope we do a project with them mabey about the old times in Hawaii and the new present day now.
I think that would be cool
it would be cool if we do a project with a class from Hawaii
i think it would be very cool to have a pen pal from hawaii. i also think that it would be very cool to learn more about hawaii.
ya it would be SwEeEeT if we did a project together!!! i want to learn alot about pearl harbor and hawaii.
Post a Comment