Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Story Time!!!

Hey Kids,
I was the scribe for today, so here goes...

Today in class you came in and I read The Hitchhiker to you which is one of the short stories in the book The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More. This book is written by Roald Dahl. You all did a great job of listening and then I shared with you my journal response that I wrote on this story. My journal response included my thoughts and ideas about the story, and it also included details from the story. These should also be present in your journal responses, and I will never take off points for grammar or spelling in a journal response. Your assigment is to write a journal response on Becoming Naomi Leon for Thursday. I will email you both my sample journal response and the class notes from yesterday. I also mentioned that it may be a wise idea to create a folder with my sample work. I will always give you an exemplar before I ask you to complete an assignment.

Tomorrow you have a quiz on the literature vocabulary, and at the end of class I went over the format of that quiz. Be sure to study tonight, and I'll see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i loved you reading to uws in class. it was fun.